Volume 19, Issue 5 (Pajouhan Scientific Journal, Autumn 2021)                   Pajouhan Sci J 2021, 19(5): 1-6 | Back to browse issues page


XML Persian Abstract Print


Download citation:
BibTeX | RIS | EndNote | Medlars | ProCite | Reference Manager | RefWorks
Send citation to:

Bahreini F, Shamloei N, Amini R. Study on Types of Chromosomal Abnormalities among Children and Adolescents in Hamadan. Pajouhan Sci J. 2021; 19 (5) :1-6
URL: http://psj.umsha.ac.ir/article-1-844-en.html
1- Research Center for Molecular Medicine, Hamadan University of Medical Sciences, Hamadan, Iran
2- Genetic Department, Farabi Laboratory, Hamadan, Iran
Abstract:   (824 Views)
Aims: Problems caused by chromosomal abnormalities along with long-term disabilities can have devastating effects on the patient, family, health care system and society. In this study, we have tried to investigate chromosomal abnormalities in people under 18 years of age using the karyotype technique.
Materials & Methods: In the present study, the cytogenetic results of karyotyping 150 children and adolescents during 2016-1400 after clinical examination and suspected chromosomal abnormalities were investigated. The Harvest test was performed for blood lymphocytes after 72 hours of culture. Then, G-band smearing and staining steps were performed according to the standard protocol and chromosomal analysis was performed according to ISCN 2016.
Findings: In the present study, out of 150 suspects examined, only 40 chromosomal abnormalities were confirmed. The mean±SD age of boys and girls with karyotype-confirmed chromosomal abnormalities was 3.87±4.26 and 3.30±4.23 years, respectively. The most common chromosomal disorder was Down syndrome. In this study, 60% of the disorders were some (24 patients) and the remaining 40% were structural (16 patients).
Conclusion: This study showed a relatively high prevalence of chromosomal abnormalities in children. The most common of these are trisomy 21 and sex chromosome abnormalities, respectively.
Full-Text [PDF 492 kb]   (492 Downloads)    
Type of Study: Research Article | Subject: Medicine & Clinical Sciences
Received: 2021/11/30 | Accepted: 2021/12/1 | Published: 2021/12/16

Add your comments about this article : Your username or Email:
CAPTCHA

Rights and permissions
Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.

© 2022 CC BY-NC 4.0 | Pajouhan Scientific Journal

Designed & Developed by : Yektaweb